Discovering you're strongly Natural can feel like a bummer, for a couple of reasons:
- Natural is a masculine essence, and we woman often feel that if we look "masculine," we're unpretty
- Natural feels so unexceptional. What's there to get excited about?
To the first point: Gisele Bundchen. Very strongly Natural, and stunning. Google her.
To the second point: Here are some of the reasons I love, love, love being a Natural...
- I love that comfortable clothes actually look good on me. I can't stand being constrained or buttoned up or confined, and, as a Natural, I don't have to be.
- Same with shoes -- the most comfortable shoes are actually flattering on me. Thank goodness! Heels drive me nuts.
- My clothes are less expensive, because the less expensive fabrics tend to be Natural fabrics.
- Nothing I own gets dry-cleaned.
- It's unfortunate but true: women with very feminine faces are sometimes taken less seriously and given less respect. I think the Natural elements of my face make it easier for me to be heard.
- If I'm in a hurry, I can skip jewelry without worrying that it's ruining my look.
- Similarly, if I'm in a hurry, I can throw on some gloss and blush and know that I'm looking my best.
- I can keep my hair very, very low-maintenance and know that it looks right for me. I just comb it when I get out of the shower; that's literally all I do.
This is the stuff I remind myself of if I ever find myself wishing I was a more "exciting" or "feminine" type.
But that doesn't happen too often, now that I've had several few years of practice being comfortable with who I am.
I want that feeling for you too! <3